Friday, December 27, 2013

Three Easy Ways to Hit Your Reset Button

Christmas day has come and gone in a flash as usual. So much anticipation and prep and poof... This year I was hit with the stomach bug mid afternoon on Christmas Eve. Crippling pains and vomiting and I tearfully missed out on all the Yancey traditions. No church, no finger foods while watching Muppet Christmas, no snuggling by candlelight sipping wine surrounded by excited kids. Nope. Stuck in my bed/bathroom and feeling like death. But in all this doom there is in fact a silver lining. Yep- I have hit the reboot button and did a super fast cleanse.

Okay, that may be gross but it's true. I thankfully didn't overdo the eating, drinking and partaking in sweets. I did however try these three things which I recommend to anyone wanting to get off to a clean'er' start.

1. Bone Broth- a fantastic staple to have often. Made from animal bones, the minerals and collagen that come from the broth reap amazing benefits. To make the broth I put my bones (carcass or frozen bones from Whole Foods or PCC), a packet of gelatin, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and cover with water. Let it all cook for about 24 hours. I store it in mason jars in the fridge and drink it whenever I'm hungry or need a surge.

2. Detox Soak- we all have been running like crazy and need a little down time. Relaxation is crucial to our health (and happiness) and I find that in a hot, therapeutic bath. To add the detox element use 1- 1.5 cup of baking soda and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Skin will feel amazingly soft and these two elements together bring oodles of benefits.

3. Fresh Air- sounds simple and it really is. Go for a walk even in the cold. Breathing deeply to get the fresh air changes mood, strengthens the immune system and gives us mental clarity. And if the sun is out...added bonus!

Try these tricks to feel your best this holiday season. Wishing you and yours health and happiness!

Happy Healthy New Year!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment